Monday, June 20, 2005

It's just that I have cancer

I got a message from someone over the weekend and she said something to the effect of, I heard you were not well, blah blah blah. Mom was sitting there when I heard it and said, It's not that you're not well; it's just that you have cancer! This is the attitude I have embraced. I feel VERY well! It's just that I have cancer. And walking around center city today, going into stores, seeing people, I must say it's a weird feeling. When someone says, How are you doing today? ... such an innocuous question ordinarily. I say, good. And in my head I say, but I have cancer. It's like it casts the world in this brighter, sharper, more intense light. It's hard to explain, but ultimately, it's a good thing. I may be preoccupied with it, but at the same time, I feel really good and I'm really happy. There are a lot of good things happening... it's just that I have cancer.

Nothing more on the information front today; tomorrow we meet with Dr. Glick, the oncologist. If you want to read about him, go here
And my surgeon, Dr. Tchou
I have a good team!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home