Winter would be a better time for cancer
It's been a few days, and I am slowly warming up to the wig. Wearing the wig, however, warms ME up way too much. It's hot under those things! At home, I go natural, which right now looks just fine because I have a millimeter or so of stubble, eyebrows, and eyelashes. Once that all falls out and I'm completely bald and shiny, I may feel more self-conscious. But honestly, I don't mind the no-hair look, although I'm not quite ready to take it to the streets.
I've been playing with the wig. It truly is amazing how different a person can look just by simply changing hair styles. That wig almost deserves its own name, its own persona. I'll take suggestions. Right now, I'm playing with 'Veronica.' So, Veronica looks good with a scarf tied like a headband. Veronica's also relaxed a little bit so she's not quite as big and puffy. I am not yet Veronica, but we're becoming better friends.
I have another look, too. It's another hairpiece that's just bangs, and then you wear a scarf or a hat or a bandanna. So you see, there are lots of options. And once the colder weather comes, I'll be much, much happier!
Tomorrow is my scheduled second treatment. I am praying for a good blood count. Come on, neutrophils!
I've been playing with the wig. It truly is amazing how different a person can look just by simply changing hair styles. That wig almost deserves its own name, its own persona. I'll take suggestions. Right now, I'm playing with 'Veronica.' So, Veronica looks good with a scarf tied like a headband. Veronica's also relaxed a little bit so she's not quite as big and puffy. I am not yet Veronica, but we're becoming better friends.
I have another look, too. It's another hairpiece that's just bangs, and then you wear a scarf or a hat or a bandanna. So you see, there are lots of options. And once the colder weather comes, I'll be much, much happier!
Tomorrow is my scheduled second treatment. I am praying for a good blood count. Come on, neutrophils!

1 Comments:
hey you, actually i think you look quite cute with veronica on your head - and definitely bad ass without her. hope things went well today. . .lots of love from the fog bank. . .shmoo
Post a Comment
<< Home