Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Yew've got to be kidding


Taxol was first made from the bark of the Pacific Yew tree (read more about the actually quite interesting history of Taxol).

It's amazing to me that something that was derived from a natural resource can be so powerful and effective at destroying all sorts of cells (including but not limited to the evil ones). And so, I bring you the Top Five Songs About Taxol:

1. Yew've really got a hold on me
2. Yew make me feel like a natural woman
3. It had to be yew
4. Do yew really want to hurt me?
5. Yew can't always get what you yew want

Ok, ok, I'll stop!

Seriously, though, Taxol has been overall less harsh than the AC regimen, but it's given me some pretty intense aches and pains. I also am aware that the days of my eyebrows and eyelashes are numbered. I am willing them to hang on to the follicle. Why can't Taxol take my leg and arm hair instead? I started thinking that, of all things, the hair in my nostrils was falling out. I swear it is, but Jason looked up in there with a flashlight and assures me there is still plenty of nose hair left.

In other news, the port is still a big, awkward bump. The scar is healing (it is not crooked, but it's not pretty either). My energy level is relatively good. The veins in my right arm are still hardened, but they're not as painful as they were. That's about all that I have to report, which I guess is a good thing!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yew've gotta be yew, Rachel. Your sense of humor and appreciation for the absurd are undiminished and that's the signal to the rest of us that yew are still yew!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home