Eyes on the prize
Met with Dr. Glick today. There is still information we need (sentinel node, a FISH test for the tumor to determine the Her2 level, clean margins), but absolutely, there will be chemo. It starts three weeks after the last surgery, which will be three weeks from tomorrow if the nodes are negative, or three weeks from next week after I've had the rest of the nodes removed. But chemo is for sure. Most likely, adriamycin and cytoxan followed by taxol. The exact plan is yet to be determined.
This is all incredibly scary. But Dr. Glick is exceedingly positive, and his philosophy is to stay focused on the goal of CURE. The goal is to be totally cured and back to my normal life. It will be a lousy few months, but that's all, just a few months. And the goal, the CURE, will be worth all the discomfort and hair loss and everything else that comes along with it.
And I guess for the rest of my life, I will be poked, prodded, pinched, and otherwise felt up by countless doctors and nurse practitioners. Better get used to it!
This is all incredibly scary. But Dr. Glick is exceedingly positive, and his philosophy is to stay focused on the goal of CURE. The goal is to be totally cured and back to my normal life. It will be a lousy few months, but that's all, just a few months. And the goal, the CURE, will be worth all the discomfort and hair loss and everything else that comes along with it.
And I guess for the rest of my life, I will be poked, prodded, pinched, and otherwise felt up by countless doctors and nurse practitioners. Better get used to it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home