Giving thanks
I hate to sound cliche, but there is so much to be thankful for. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, and I'm so happy that I made it and that I'm feeling pretty good. I have a sort of list of milestones in my head that I mentally check off: Thanksgiving; New Year's; Valentine's Day; my 38th birthday; our 2nd anniversary. I don't know the future, but I am just thankful to be here, on this day. With LympheDIVAs, we are planning for year 2008, and I am a bit apprehensive about making travel plans for all the various business trips. But I'll just do it, because the alternative is just not worth thinking about.
So, I will savor the turkey and the cranberry sauce and the pecan pies (I made two) and give thanks to everyone and everything that has allowed me to reach this day. Surrounded by my wonderful family, I know that we can handle anything. And I wish all my love to you all, to health and happiness. Happy Thanksgiving! Make a really good wish on the wishbone.
So, I will savor the turkey and the cranberry sauce and the pecan pies (I made two) and give thanks to everyone and everything that has allowed me to reach this day. Surrounded by my wonderful family, I know that we can handle anything. And I wish all my love to you all, to health and happiness. Happy Thanksgiving! Make a really good wish on the wishbone.

3 Comments:
happy thanksgiving rachel! among other things, i'm truly thankful to count you as one of my friends. happy thanksgiving to jason, josh and your parents too. enjoy those pies!! love, shmoo
Happy Thanksgiving Rachel.
I too am grateful to be here getting stuffed on Turkey, surrounded by family and friends.
It really does not get better than this.
Hope the turkey did not make you too sleepy.
Keep making those plans.
God Bless,
Joyce
Rachel,
I'm so glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving and am thrilled to hear you're feeling so good. Sounds like you have a very busy year planned for 2008 which is exactly what we're all thankful for. Thankful just for the fact that you're soaring ahead with life and all of the wonderful milestones that await you. You go girl...and we will all be here always to hear all about EVERYTHING!!!!
Enjoy the Holiday Season!!!! You so deserve this. Love, Barb
Post a Comment
<< Home