Thursday, September 27, 2007

The pictures to prove it

Everyone felt like it was getting smaller, and now we have the pictures to prove it! I had the CT this morning. Instead of the chalky stuff, I drank the juice stuff. (It has the opposite effect on my bowels. Let's just say that I've had a good cleansing today.) And this afternoon, Dr. Glick called with the good news that we all expected: the liver lesions have all shrunk significantly. I don't have all the details; he sounded rushed on the phone and I couldn't put together all the questions that I have into words. He makes me kind of nervous. The bottom line, of course, is that it confirms the "objective partial remission" label. I wanted more, but I'm happy with this. I'm greedy for good health.

Tuesday is my next chemo, and I assume that we will stay the course and continue on the current regimen. There's no reason to decrease or change the schedule, since we know it's working. I had said that I wanted to look at the scan and compare it to when the tumors were larger. But now I'm not so sure I want to do that. I like to imagine that my liver is totally clear, and seeing them on the scan will make it all too real that they're still there. There's still a lot of work to be done, and I want to stay focused on visualizing that clean liver.

Ok, back to the bathroom.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is such good news rachel...thanks for keeping us all informed.....i think of you often.

anne hurst

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, Rachel, oh yeah! This is great, great news. I've been checking the blog since 3pm every hour. Now I can sleep! Well, after Grey's Anatomy of course!

Shouting from the rooftops a loud whew whooooo!

Barb

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill Clinton once said, "The numbers that should be going up are going up, and the numbers that should be going down are going down."

That's your story now, isn't it? Your health is the best it's been in a long while, and it's getting better--objectively better--every day.

Hallelujah.

Oh, and congrats on the Blog. Not that I'm surprised! You're nothing if not a snappy writer.

- Sean

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! That is so great to hear.

Jamie

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home