Friday, June 08, 2007

Bad day, but good days ahead

Just a quick update. Last night was horrid, but I'm finally starting to feel better. Who knows what it's from - Abraxane, Zometa, Avastin, or the combination of the three. But the enlarged liver is causing some pain. However, I am truly optimistic about Abraxane, and I think that within the next few weeks, it will start to shrink. I feel very, very hopeful about this, much more so than the previous treatment. And as for feeling nauseous and yucky, I know there are good days and bad days. So I had a bad day. There will be good days ahead.

Also, I got the results of the genetic testing. It's all negative - I do not have the genetic mutations BRCA1 or BRCA2. Good news for my family members! But I was sort of hoping that that would be the answer, the reason why I got breast cancer. Surely there's some mutation somewhere in my DNA, but it's not one of those already-identified mutations. So this knowledge is just that - knowledge - it's neither good nor bad, but ultimately, it's good for us to know.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel, you sound back to your real fighting self - even with pain you're determined things will get better. I really believe they will, the new medication just HAS to work!
You certainly can expect to have sad moments - your life is no picnic right now - but your fighting spirit is in such good balance with them that I know you'll have this beat.
Love you,
Connie

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bad stuff, but powerful. I guess that's what you need. I'm so sorry you had a bad night and I hope for better days ahead. You have a great attitude. Now let's all focus on shrinking that liver.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all good news should be celebrated -- no BRCA1 or BRCA2 -- woohoo. More good news is just around the corner, I can feel it. PS. I hate plucking my eyebrows.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been thinking about you all weekend. Let me know when you and Jason are up for a visitors. Sara and I will bring takeout. (Not Mexican, sounds like you're gassy enough....)
-Sean

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home