Sunday, June 17, 2007

My hair

It's starting to fall out. I am more prepared this time, but I know it's still going to be a shock, and it's not going to be fun. But this time, we are shaving it down to the skin - no more tiny little pine needle hairs falling out in the shower. I think what we'll do is: cut, buzz, and shave (with an electric razor). That should take care of it. I just hope the wig comes in tomorrow.

I'm feeling pretty good these days. It's really all about learning how to adapt. My energy level is low, so I rest. I try not to push it too much. I get light-headed and need to sit down. I need small meals throughout the day. Last night, I had a snack before bedtime, which I think is exactly what I need to keep me from feeling lightheaded in the morning. But then, I'm not sure. It's all experimentation, and every day is different. I feel good today, and I'm always happy about that. It really is amazing how low the bar can get set; I don't expect much, I just want to feel good.

When I went to healing touch thearpy last week, Jean was there with her mentor, Phyllis. Phyllis said that she felt that there was a big change happening and that a "new regime" was going to come in. I think it's the Abraxane. There are big changes happening - it's already affecting my hair, so I know it's doing a number on the tumors. I know this is going to work.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rach, I'm so glad you are feeling better!!! That is wonderful, and just the first sign that you are now on the right track. Go Abraxane! Sorry about the hair. But I know you'll look snazzy in beautiful scarves and your new wig. Lots of love and healing wishes,
Maren

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem to be just a little better each day as you figure what works for you. We'd rather have you healthy than your hair. I'm sorry you'e losing it, but I'm sure you're right when you say that the fight goes on in your body. Take it easy when you need to. We're all praying for you to feel good and be healthy.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Barb Moore said...

Summer time is all about short hair plus I just read an article that said buzz cuts are in on guys and girls! So there you have it. You're feeling better, your tumor's are shrinking, and you're on the cutting edge of fashionable hair styles. Feel good, don't push yourself and know that we're all thinking about you and praying for more and more good days ahead!

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You say "I know this is going to work" - YOU BET IT IS!!!!!
Connie

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have trully learned to live one day at a time -- a challenge we all face. You're listening to your body and adjusting your activities to your energy level. Wishing you the best -- as always.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home