Friday, August 17, 2007

Why I believe in bird symbolism

Jason and I are now up in the Berkshires for a little extended weekend vacation. It's beautiful up here. We wemt for a lovely, relaxing paddle around the lake in the canoe just before sunset. It's one of those things I wondered if I'd be able to do again, after my diagnosis. And there we were today, going around the entire lake. At the end of the paddle, a crane was standing there in the water in front of us, and flew a few feet away as soon as we approached. It was an elegant, graceful bird. It seemed auspicious. So I looked up what a crane symbolizes. Long life.

6 Comments:

Blogger Barb M said...

Rachel
I'm so glad you had a chance to get away. How wonderful for the two of you. Good luck this week and remember how good you felt for the past week. Even if you have a bad day here and there, it's obvious that this drug combination accompanied by your strength, our support and love and above all else the crane, all indicate you're on the right path!

Cheers!

Barb

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, beautiful. A perfect sign.
Lots of love,
Maren

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - that gave me goosebumps. I just came across your blog and your are an incredible person. My mom is going thru breast cancer right now and reading about how other people deal with this is somehow comforting. Thank you for sharing this and i'm happy you had such a great weekend.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You painted a beautiful word picture, Rachel. Thank you for sharing your special moment with us.

Mina

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds perfect. I hope things continue to go well.

-- Jamie

5:06 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Rachel,

Cranes mate for life which is another reason why the Japanese (and probably the Chinese, but I can't speak definitely about that) use the crane motif on wedding gifts, kimonos, lacquerware, etc.

I have had bird symbols in my life before, and they are very strong energies.

Fly, Rachel, fly.

All good wishes and prayers from Asheville,

Barb Hall

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home