Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Skinny ankles and all

I forgot to mention in the last post that the pleural effusion has drained, too. Glick said it's only in the base of my lung now. I'm sure it's even less today. This morning, when I woke up, my feet and ankles were totally back to normal. Actually, they looked skinner than ever. My legs are skinny. All in all, I think I had gained about 15 lbs in water weight. Amazing. And it's finally drained. I feel like a wet towel that's been wrung dry! But it feels good not to carry all that around. Now I just need to get my weight up again. Sure, I'll eat lots of protein. But ice cream and other desserts are helpful too!

I will try to give an update more often. Sometimes I just don't have a lot to say. Today was pretty good, considering. Not too nauseous, just tired and a little headache-y. But I was able to get work done and be upright. It just feels so good that the chemo is working, it's worth any side effect.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and who here thinks it's mandatory Rachel go shoe shopping as soon as she feels up to it. Celebrate with some new shoes, girl! Skinny ankles deserve a new home! Awesome, awesome week....

xoxoxoxo,
Barb

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mom makes the best lemon bars in the world. I can't think of a better way to gain weight. We love hearing good news.
Anne W.

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you describe what's improving, I have a better idea of all that you were dealing with. You are amazing. I applaud your doctors who continued to try treatments until they found one that worked. Enjoy the sweet taste of health.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

another round of hot fudge sundaes -- can't think of a better way to celebrate -- and to cool down on this HOT HOT summer day. So glad to hear this Rachel -- I'm smiling as I write :-)

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just want to add my three cheers for the progress of this last week! So happy that you are getting to feel better and enjoying some pleasures, like trying to put on weight! Thinking of you daily and sending positive thoughts.
Joan

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home