Good news - finally!
I wanted everyone to know that today's visit went extremely well. For the first time in four months, we got good news. My blood counts were excellent - my platelets went right back up to 450,000, and all other counts were good.
First Carrie, then Dr. Glick came into the room and took my history and were pleased I've been feeling so well. Then they felt my liver. Glick measured twice to confirm, but he announced, with satisfaction, that it had gotten smaller, especially in the left lobe. He said, "The treatment is clearly working." Hurray!
I'm switching down to 3 mg of Decadron a day, and he said if my tumor marker test comes back lower, then he has three indicators that the drugs are working: history, clinical exam, and the marker test. So there won't be a need for another CT because he'll know that it's working.
We are all thrilled and relieved, of course. I'm feeling a little nauseous now, but I'm hoping I'll bounce back pretty quickly. This is what we've all been waiting for!
First Carrie, then Dr. Glick came into the room and took my history and were pleased I've been feeling so well. Then they felt my liver. Glick measured twice to confirm, but he announced, with satisfaction, that it had gotten smaller, especially in the left lobe. He said, "The treatment is clearly working." Hurray!
I'm switching down to 3 mg of Decadron a day, and he said if my tumor marker test comes back lower, then he has three indicators that the drugs are working: history, clinical exam, and the marker test. So there won't be a need for another CT because he'll know that it's working.
We are all thrilled and relieved, of course. I'm feeling a little nauseous now, but I'm hoping I'll bounce back pretty quickly. This is what we've all been waiting for!

13 Comments:
Fantasic news!!!Time to celebrate- El
This IS what we've all been waiting for...INDEED!!!! HIP, HIP HORRAY! I really want to shout out my window right now a big thank you to Dr Glick, to the new drugs, to you for fighting so hard and to your loving supporters who pray for you every minute of every day. It's all working...it's all coming together... it's all such great news!!!
I don't know what to say. I know I'm not alone reading your update daily. What a relief. It's like holding your breath for good news. And here it is. Exhale, from the diaphragm.
I'd hate to pressure you for daily updates. But it's so nice when we get even a few sentences on how you are. I'm guessing there are more of us reading this than any of us would think. We love you.
You are very much in my thoughts every day.
Oh Rach, this is wonderful! I am so happy to hear it. I suspected the new drugs were working after reading your last two posts, and now the doc confirms that. Thank God.
Love you,
Maren
Wonderful news! I'm so happy you're feeling better and the treatment is working.
Sending love and good thoughts,
Sandi
Dear Rachel
What a relief for you and your family.
I am very happy for all of you.
WOW!!! This is the most fantastic news!! I'm sitting here grinning from ear to ear with joy for you - wonderful! Love, Connie :)
You've made my day...my week...my month. You've been such an inspiration; nothing could get you down. Your body just caught up with your spirit. Celebrate the joy.
I have goosebumps and am crying (finally a happy cry)!!!
We're smiling hearing your good news. Keep the faith. We love you Rachel.
Evan and Tara and boys
Rache, I'm so glad to hear things are on the upswing. I wish there was something I could do. I am sending positive thoughts your way.
XOXOX,
Jamie
What a pleasure to open your blog and read "Good news - finally!" The doctors had told you that they needed to find the right drugs for you. Let's hope the drugs continue to work their magic!
With love,
Mina
keeping tabs as always. great to hear the good news
dan
Post a Comment
<< Home