My advice: stay out of hospitals
Life in the luxury suite of the hospital has quickly become mundane. While DirecTV, a minifridge, and daily afternoon tea service are fun, they just really don't compensate for the fact that I'm in the freaking hospital, and hospitals inherently stink. The bed is insanely uncomfortable. I swear I'm going to come out of here with high blood counts but with chronic back pain. Speaking of counts... my white count has gone up, but my neutrophils are still only at 200; they need to be at 1,000 to get out of here. So that means at least another day or two. Arghhh! My anemia is much better thanks to the transfusion, and today my dad and I did several laps of the hospital for exercise.
The food was not so great today. I think there was a different chef. I'll have Jason bring in some real food tonight and we'll have another sleepover. The two of us squished into this uncomfortable bed, being woken up every three hours to check vital signs - it's just like a mini vacation!
All in all, I'm feeling better but as I feel better, the more bored and 'trapped' I feel. Dr Glick stopped by today and seemed encouraged by my counts, and especially by my lack of fever in the last day. I won't get chemo this week, for sure. And he said he'd work out a schedule to make sure Miami will be viable and safe.
Ok, back to sitting. Or reading. Or watching TV. Yaaay.
The food was not so great today. I think there was a different chef. I'll have Jason bring in some real food tonight and we'll have another sleepover. The two of us squished into this uncomfortable bed, being woken up every three hours to check vital signs - it's just like a mini vacation!
All in all, I'm feeling better but as I feel better, the more bored and 'trapped' I feel. Dr Glick stopped by today and seemed encouraged by my counts, and especially by my lack of fever in the last day. I won't get chemo this week, for sure. And he said he'd work out a schedule to make sure Miami will be viable and safe.
Ok, back to sitting. Or reading. Or watching TV. Yaaay.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home