Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm going to Disneyland!

Okay, not Disneyland, but I AM going to Miami Beach, which in my book is even better! My blood counts were really good today - WBC at 10, Hemoglobin at 9.2, platelets at 220,000. Good enough for Dr. Glick to give me the go-ahead. But (sad face), I have to have chemo right when I get back.

I went into the appointment today with a heavy weight in my heart. I was so afraid he would find something more in the liver, and that we'd have to switch treatment again. So when he examined me and only found a small edge that felt "softer" than it did before, that weight was lifted. I barely slept last night, and as soon as I felt that relief, I felt exhaustion. I came home and promptly fell asleep. I think I'm getting back on track now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, parts of Miami Beach probably are a kind of Disneyland! Enjoy the warmth and the sunshine; temps are bound to be better than those in Philly!

Wishing you safe flights and may you be granted "safe flights" from illness during your trip.

Mina

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! So glad you're off to Miami, and especially that your counts are so good. Wonderful that the new chemo is working!! Rest up and keep getting back on track slowly. You'll have a wonderful, relaxing vacation!
Love,
Marem

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel,

That is great, great, GREAT news. I'm so happy that you and Jason will get to enjoy warm ocean air. Enjoy and happy holidays!

xoxo,
Alice

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home